Tuesday, August 3, 2010

B10 Opening Ceremony

The European Athletic Championships are taking place here in Barcelona this year. David and I have caught several of the events on TV. They commenced on July 26 in the Olympic Stadium, which rests atop Montjuïc, a large hill that also boasts the Palau Nacional (National Palace) and the Font Màgica (Magic Fountain). David and I watched the breathtaking opening ceremony live in HD. I was particularly moved by this sequence, which begins at around 8:20 in the video below...



...and concludes here...



I don't know what it is about this unique combination of acrobatics, fountains, lighting and music, but it almost brings me to tears! What a unique way to represent such a unique city! I'm definitely going to have to go check out the fountain show soon. Even without the acrobatics, I'm sure it'll be something to blog about!

1 comment:

  1. wow amazing - it reminds me of cirque du soliel! ya know??

    ReplyDelete