Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day Two: Words

Well it is day two, and although it took me most of the day to get around to it, here I am, sticking to my commitment! I can totally handle this, February is a short month! Leap year, shmeap year!


So, today I called in sick. Despite being under the weather, I was actually able to enjoy the bit of R&R and embraced my opportunity indulge in old habits.



Not long ago, before I even had permission to work in Spain, I spent countless days reliving the glory days.  Well, perhaps "glory days" is a bit too affectionate a term to describe the various comatose Buffy marathons my cousin Shelly and I have shared, but believe me, it was magical.  Today I got to pop in a DVD or two (or three...) and veg out in the company of some familiar situations and some great old friends.

I realize this show can be pretty cheesy, but when viewed as it was designed to be (consecutively and pretty much nonstop) it's easy to recognize how truly original, thoughtful and remarkable the series is.  Joss Whedon (creator, writer and director) will always have a place in my heart, not just because of Buffy and his numerous other works of art, but also for creating a platform that helped bring my cousin/bestie and I back together after a couple year hiatus and forged a bond that's resistance and strength rival that of the slayer herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment