Friday, February 3, 2012

Day Three: Hands


So I'm feeling much better today.  I probably could have gone to work, but I think it was a legitimately better idea not to.  It's freakishly cold here right now due to the Siberian cold front (It's been snowing in Rome and Istanbul!  Eek!) and I'm still tired and with the slight hurting of the throat.  So, I spent another day resting alone.  And boy has it been nice.

David informed me at around 3 this afternoon that our friend Elena's surprise party was tonight, not Saturday as we had both thought.  They were going to meet up at a place downtown where you pay for the site and drinks and have something resembling a potluck.  David decided to make his healthy pizzas that we have been freaking out over lately.  Basically it's just a ready-made crust, sliced vine-ripe tomatoes and onions, fresh mushrooms, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and basil.  It's disturbingly good in its simplicity!

So, I helped him, snapped a few photos (these are his fingers) and then watched him as he carted them away in a box (*Sob*).  Yes, I have decided to stay at home and rest.  My idea was that if I do so, I have a pretty decent chance of being 95% back to normal tomorrow.  If that were to happen, I could get back on the work-out wagon and perhaps even enjoy a productive weekend!

For now it is back to Buffy and/or Final Fantasy with plenty of hot tea and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment