Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day Four: A Stranger


Today's theme had me in a little bit of a panic.  I thought, "How am I going to take a photo of a stranger?!  Especially if I don't plan on leaving the house today?!".  Well, as it turns out, I did end up leaving the house, but only for a quick (and startling cold) morning jog.  I still hadn't glanced at today's theme, but even if I had, I probably would have been against the idea of running up to a stranger on the footpath to snap a quick photo.  Plus it probably would have turned out annoying blurry.

Later it dawned on meand this isn't a cop-outall I needed to do was take a simple portrait.  I've been dealing with a sort of identity crisis for the past several months.  I think it's totally to be expected for any person rounding off his first year of marriage, especially if said person has also spent the past 18 months in an entirely new country.  

The issues are there, but I'm working them out, and I'm optimistic.  But still, there are days when I struggle with getting in touch with myself.  I soak in long day dreams of my past in a effort to grasp the sense of identity I once prided myself on and now covet.  I know, I know, I'm not going to find this by looking backward!  It's a habit I need to break completely, and with the help of my supportive husband, I am taking some huge strides in this area.

So anyway, the photo of the day is a portrait of myself, a photo that's actually so reminiscent of so many old ones I have of myself that it actually makes me feel a bit nostalgic, and a little bit closer to my corporeal and spiritual center.  And that, my friends, is therapy by Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that Instagram could be so useful!

    ReplyDelete